Welcome to Day 15 of Reboot Your Blog!
Today is a recap day if you’ve not finished any of the past week’s assignments. If you have, it’s a rest day – enjoy!
DAY 15 OBJECTIVE
Catch up on any Reboot Your Blog assignments you’ve not yet finished!
DAY 15 ASSIGNMENT
Review the previous Reboot Your Blog posts and their tasks and complete anything you haven’t gotten to yet:
- Reaffirm that your main keyword phrase has proper competition and traffic, if not, select a new one
- Reaffirm that your long tail keyphrases have proper competition and traffic, if not, select new ones
- Find new long tail keyphrases that may not have existed or been attractive when you first researched your niche
- Install Google Analytics on all of your sites
- Link Google Analytics with Google Adsense
- Create an XML sitemap for each of your sites and submit those sitemaps to the search engines
- Create a Google Webmaster Tools account and add your sitemap(s)
11 – Search Engine Bait
- Optimize your home page for your main keyword phrase
- Install WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Optimize the long tail pages for their individual keyword phrase
- Set up automatic internal linking
- Identify pages on your site that aren’t receiving traffic
- 301 redirected old, low traffic pages
- Updated old posts that could still be helpful to your audience
- Loaded up your Google Reader account
- Opened a Posterous account and added your blog as an autopost location
- Started using Posterous to post curated content to your site with meaningful commentary and insights from you